Monday, May 3, 2010

Recent projects

... longing to do something with these barstools for years.


Project 1: They are from Chad's bachin' (um does not look right nor do I think it is a real word) days and were graciously bought by his parents. Now, they are not ugly but definitely generic and they dont flow with my stuff.

Going back and forth between doing something really cool with a faux finish or just slapping on some black paint... what do you think I did?!?



Yep, black paint was my solution for two reasons...
First, I just painted our front door black so I already had it...AKA- FREE
Second- It was easy and mindless... done during nap time.

I didnt take a picture of both finished in their homes but it looks good!


Finished product= why did I not do this sooner?



Project #2- I actual did this a few weeks ago but thought it turned out really neat. A couple years ago, GrandmaDean showed me a picture out of a magazine of a hopscotch stone thingy. I had been wanting to make 10 stones with the numbers 1 to 10 in stained glass. However, I decided to go a different route again for a couple reasons.
1- GrandmaDean told me to (grandmadean always knows best)
2- So much cheaper (stained glass version at least $15 a stone for concrete, glass/ my version $2 a stone for the stone).
3- Immediate results.

It is so easy to do. I printed off an outlined template of the numbers 0-9 and then cut them out (this is the most time consuming part of the whole project). I had 4 stones that were already here when we bought the house so I just had to buy 6 more. I also had to buy a FAT sharpie for 4 bucks. Place your stencil over the stone and color. Yep,it is that easy and I only spent $15 out of pocket since I already had a few stones.

Oh, I also built the wall in the background... planning on doing another one so that will be a different post!

No comments:

Post a Comment