Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy 6 months precious boy!


... thinking about how to even begin. How can you already be 6 months old???

Shepherd, I love you to pieces and though you can say that you are the biggest surprise of my life... you can also say that you made me feel more complete than I ever thought possible. You are doing so many things. For the past couple weeks you will reach for me when I walk by and it makes me smile every time. You can sit up totally unassisted and I can walk off without fear that you are going to totally bust it. You reach for everything in sight and always try to put things to your mouth. You despise goopy cereals and purees (except last night you seem to entertain the pears... in other words, you didnt spit them back out at me) yet gummed an apple and graham cracker two nights ago. You take baths with your brothers now and have yet to EVER cry during a bath and I think you have only cried during 3 diaper changes since you were born and that is only when you are tired. You will only nurse if it is dark and your brothers are sleeping. You go to bed around 8:30, eat around 6ish and then sleep to 7ish. I am guessing you weigh close to 20 lbs!

You continually amaze me with the way you are in love with your brothers and watch them so intently. You are so happy when they are around and get quite bored and squirmy when they are not within earshot or eyeshot.

I thank God for you daily. I am so thankful we serve a God who knows what we need even when we don't realize it because my life would be incomplete without you in it.

I love you Shep Shep!

3 comments:

  1. So precious! I love that picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, time does fly. I can't believe Grayson is 18 months. I am glad that we can keep in contact this way too. I am still learning it, but I am proud that I am starting to journal about my kids. I don't want to forget what they were like. Your blog has been fun to follow so far...The kayak trip was quite funny to read about.

    ReplyDelete