Friday, May 21, 2010

there's no bribing in potty training...

... or is there? One of my favorite movie lines is from A League of Their Own where Tom Hanks says, "there's no crying in baseball." I feel like there should be no bribing in potty training but here I sit with Ashton who ever so defiantly does not want to use the potty. Yes, he is only 2 1/2 but Hunter was 2 1/2 when he was potty trained and Ashton is so much more advanced than Hunter was at 2 so I do hold a higher expectation for him.

So, I pulled out all of Hunter's old undies last night and I have probably 30 pairs so I was ready to play hard ball this morning. After the 3rd pair in 10 minutes, I finally stood him beside the potty and played my best card... "if you pee a lot than I will give you some Dr. Pepper."

And, HE DID IT! Like, he peed and peed and peed until he finally said out of breath, "I done, I need Pepper." How often do I work so hard and think, "man, I need some Pepper."

I officially declare that potty training Ashton has started. He is smart as a whip and totally knows what I want him to do. After his big pee session, we went to the store and Home Depot and made it home accident free!

Ok, I am going to get some "Pepper" and enjoy the silence that is nap/ rest time!

1 comment:

  1. We are just about to begin Potty Training with Preston too. I'm still trying to figure out the best bribe for him. I don't think Dr. Pepper with work for him. But I think I'd better stock up for myself! I'm gonna need it!

    I wish us both luck!

    ReplyDelete