Monday, May 10, 2010

Mine and Shep's Sunday


(This is an awful picture of me (but surprisingly great pic of Chad) but we were trying to be quick because the choir had already started to sing)


... so thankful to be a mom and have the ability to dedicate my children back to the Lord. As so many churches do, Mother's Day weekend is baby dedication Sunday. Shepherd and six other babies were dedicated to the Lord and it was a nice ceremony and Shepherd, as usual, was perfect.

Charge from the Pastor

Praying over the babies.


As I was looking at my 3 precious boys on Mother's Day, I was reminded that they are not mine. I am merely their guardian while they are here on this earth. Their every path has already been established and it is my job as their mom to pray over them and guide them to follow God's direction... definitely not an easy task or one that I take lightly.

As for Mothers Day, I have been "encouraging" Chad to go shopping for me. Finally, he did and he did good. Beautiful skirt and brown capris! I also told him I wanted a double knockout rose bush. I reminded him a couple days before and when he went to get it, he told the Lowes dude he needed an exploding rose bush. Of course the salesman stared at him blankly. Thankfully, mom took the boys to Lowes on Saturday and I got one from each of them. Uncle Nolan also worked with them on saying Happy Mother's Day (I guess it is cooler to say with a gruff voice --- see clip below, I wish I could have gotten it without bribing them to say it here)


1 comment:

  1. I don't know which is funnier...Chad's exploding rose bush or the boys gruffly saying Happy Mother's day! LOL! I'm glad you got your rose bushes and I was floored by the ring. Thanks for keeping the secret! Hope you had a great day! Your boys are truly blessed to call you Mom.

    ReplyDelete