Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Taking my zoo to the zoo

2 posts in 1 day... what is the world coming to?!?!

It was a perfect zoo day, so the boys (and Charlee) and I packed it and spent the morning at the zoo. The weather was great and the kids were troopers. I took the stroller, but it was empty the majority of the time. By the end, Charlee and Ashton were arguing about who got to ride in the stroller next but they argue over what shade of blue the sky is.

The difference between this zoo trip and past trips is that Hunter took his animal book (click link for a description of the book) and found the animals in the book. He then wanted me to read about each animal and tell him where they lived in the world. Needless to say the zoo that normally takes us an hour to get through took almost 2 hours this time. But, I love that he is so eager to learn, hopefully that will seep right into school.

Here are some pictures from the zoo.
The turtles- notice Hunter finding them in the book.

Again, the book... this time withthe orangutans

I asked Charlee to give me a pretty smile and this is what she came up with... ha ha!

The crocs... again, notice the book on the far side.

I got a better group shot than this but this is the funny one.


We had a picnic lunch which they loved.
Yes, this is a timer picture.

And we finished up by playing on the playground.
Had a hard time getting him to slow down.

I managed to get Ashton to stop for a split second.
He just looks like he is up to no good.

There is her pretty smile.

They were pretty wiped out by the time we got home... even Hunter requested to take a rest later in the afternoon).
This was the 2nd time Charlee fell asleep today.

I think I will sleep good tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment