Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Truths for Mature Humans

I have become quite the pinterest junkie lately. I saw these 32 Truths for Mature Humans and thought they were pretty funny. Pinned here if you want to see the whole list. Half of them were things that I have actually thought before or that describe me to a "t."


1. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.

2. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.

3. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

4. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

5. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work (or at home) when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

6. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

7. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this – ever.

8. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? **** it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?

***Mom #8 is for you!

9. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

***Yep. Hate this!

10. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.

11. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

12. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

***haha, ask my Chad or my parents... this is soooo me!

13. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

***again, me!

14. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?

15. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

***yet again, me... except my shirts rarely get dirty either!

16. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

17. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.


1 comment:

  1. Girl, how in the world do you manage to do all that you do? Yes, many of these descriptions are you - my favorite was the not washing pants. You, Zach, and Nolan always would gross me out when I was gathering laundry and you guarded those jeans - they just had to smell like butt!
    I do believe that Charlee is going to miss Aunt Hannah and her boys - I sure would!
    You the woman...maybe you'll be 4A Small School mother of the year....hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete