Sunday, August 7, 2011

Night and Day

I have been itching to paint something but am running into 2 problems - 1) deciding how to paint the boys room and my room and 2) not wanting to spend money... we are really trying to save save save.

Anyway, I have had a thought to paint my backdoor(s) black. I thought about it a few months ago but then forgot about it. Well, the other day, I was on pinterest and wahla... there was a picture of french doors that were painted black (click here for picture.) The siding is the same color as my house so I got a good vision of what it would look like on my house. And I loved so I did. :)

I already had black paint from the front door/ shudders so I slapped 2 coats of black paint on them and it works. It makes it look so much more custom plus it was free. The difference is definitely night and day.

Before

After
I no longer like the blue chair right there but it will have to work for now.

I am wondering how it would look to paint the inside of the doors black. Before you cringe, look at this or this or this. The examples go on and on. I am not committed to the interior black doors just yet. But I do think it would make quite the statement.

1 comment:

  1. Never really noticed your light fixture until you painted your doors black - like the change.
    I do believe if you had unlimited cash, you would be perpetually painting!!!

    ReplyDelete