Monday, August 1, 2011

Carowinds

As I mentioned, Saturday we tackled Carowinds. We decided to do the "twilight" tickets from 4 pm to close (10 pm). We were just hopeful to get a good 3 hours in! I knew we would make it until 9 when Ashton actually took a nap in the car. Tickets were actually pretty reasonable at $19.99 if ordered online. Thank you mom and dad for buying the tickets for us! :)

The boys did amazing! I think they all had a good time. We stuck to Planet Snoopy for the vast majority of the time. I was hoping Hunter would go on some of the bigger coasters but he was amazed with the little rides. I did not take my DSLR camera... only took the point and shoot so picture quality is pretty poor.
On the swings- Shep was too short by .5"

Hunter riding all by himself


Owen and Ashton
All 3 little heads (again Shep was too short to ride)

I warned you, picture quality is poor... hate it b/c this was such a cute picture of Queenie and Shep.


Zach, Anna, Nolan, and I did leave mom and dad with all 5 boys for about 30 minutes to ride The Intimidator. AH! It was such a good ride. Nolan convinced me to ride on the front. Click on this link to "experience" riding in the front. The crazy part is that it is not a shoulder harness just a lap thingy. I did good and only cussed twice.

We took a quick snack/ dinner break at CFA... Yes, there was actually a Chick fil A in the park. Overpriced without sweet tea but at least there was something good to eat. Pictures from our snack break.
Yay! Shep napping!

The group minus Anna and Caelum (she was trying to get him to take a nap by strolling around)

Funny picture of mom... dad thought the sign behind her was perfect "Crave what you want"


At 8:00 we made it to the last performance of the night of "Snoopy on Ice." It was the best show! Seriously, so cute and the skaters were very good. Unfortunately, Zach and his crew were not able to stay since Caelum had not taken an evening nap and Owen was about done. I hate they missed it. Owen would have LOVED it, my boys were totally captivated by it.

We left the park right after 9 and pulled out of the parking lot about 9:30. The trip home should have only taken an hour and 50 minutes but I was having some stomach issues... had to stop 3 times. ha ha ha! Thankfully all the boys fell asleep. It was a late night but so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, the deal is you don't EVER post bad pictures of Queenster....I look like a mole with a BMI of 30!!!! Shall I go into detail about your stomach issues???
    Made a wonderfully funny memory at Carowinds with everyone...will do it again!

    ReplyDelete