Friday, August 5, 2011

Bet your mom can't do this...

We were sitting around my parents house being goofy. Somehow we got on the topic of how mom used to do headstands. She assured us that she could still do them. After we all had a good laugh at the thought of 1) mom doing a headstand and 2) her actually believing that she could do one--- we bet her.

As I normally do, I had my camera and through my laughter was able to capture the proof that she can indeed still do a headstand. I was AMAZED to say the very least.

Mom getting ready.
Balance

Pulling it up

She seriously held this for a good 5 seconds

and with great control she let herself down.
Mom, you are awesome! Thanks for a good laugh!

5 comments:

  1. Go Queenie!!!!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK....this is for all those kooks who read Hannah's blogs....here's how it went down. All my children starting "ribbing" on each other for not being flexible. As usual, poor mom got drug into the ribbing. I exclaimed that at least I could stand on my head at which point everyone roared with laughter. However, I knew that this little trick was likened to riding a bicycle - I'd never forget! So, I hit the floor and up I went (and for the record....I could have stayed up much longer....). The reason Mantis is standing is he was SURE I was going to crash and he was going to be the macho man and catch his woman - as it turned it out, all the Mantis could do was smile! Needless to say, there was riotous laughter and my daughter, as always, had that damn camera in her hand!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops....Hannah did not say this. She didn't log out so I'm on her account. See what standing on your head does to your brain????

    ReplyDelete
  4. So....just for the record. I'm at school today and in walk two teachers (who just happen to be sisters!) with big ole' wide smiles. One says, "So, Mrs. Ashton, let's see you do one of those headstands!" I'm just saying people....one never gets away with anything....even a mom is known by her doings (an adaption of the Good Book!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder who those two teachers would be who would ask such a thing!

    ReplyDelete