Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Some Recent Funnys

Shepherd
Shepherd singing "10,000 Reason"  AKA- "Bless the Lord, Oh my Soul"

"Bless the Lord Oh my Sold, ohhhh my sold.  Worship whiz holy name.  Sing like never before, oh my sold.  worship whiz holy name.
The sun comes up, its a new day daunting.  Its time to sing a song again.  The waves gotten up and was arrested for you.
10000 days and my heart youll find."

Isnt that so sweet/ precious/ funny/ cute all rolled up into one?  I love it when he takes off singing it, which is quite often.

Unfortunately, I have had the dumb "Good Girl" by Robin Thicke in my head thanks to the whole Miley Cyrus thing.  I guess I have been singing it without paying attention to the words (don't worry, I don't even know the really bad parts... just the chorus).  Anyway, I have heard Shep singing, "youre a good girl, you know you want it.  You know you want it.  But youre a good girl." 

Yep, that is a definite MOM FAIL!

Talk about a reality check for me.  Yikes!  Just shows that these little ones are truly paying attention to everything except when I tell them to pick up their capri sun/ gummy trash off the floor.

 Lets stick with "worshipping Whiz Holy Name."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hunter
- After seeing a picture of his new cousin on facebook, I asked if he knew who it was.  He said, "yes, it is Owen and Caeulum's sister."  I asked if he remembered her name.
He paused for  a few seconds and said, "uh, Alla Mae."  hahaha.
I think Miss Esme' has just received a nickname.... Alla Mae. 
-  He cant say disgusting.  He says descusging.  Even when he tries to say it slowly after me, it always comes out wrong.
-  For awhile when Bennett first started solids, Hunter would always call avocoda, "addocado."  He even made up a song for Bennett about his "addocado."  I noticed yesterday that he says it the right way now.
-  When we went by the city fire department it had a sign that said, "Fire Dept."   To us, we automatically say department, Hunter said it like it was spelled.  I let it go a few times then I corrected him.... ok, I laughed and corrected him.
-  Coming back from school last week we pass Wells Fargo (which we have never been in), Hunter asks, "do we have to go into Wheels Fargo?" 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashton
- No funny stories with Ashton.  He is in speech so some of his words just come out... wrong.  It seems wrong to laugh at someone in speech.  He did speech last year in "E."  He started at the new school last week. No big speech problems just some tongue placement issues.... and can be a little lispy with some words.  Easy fixes I am assured! 
He is starting to hear the wrong way he says things and will give definitions on words he knows we don't understand... like thirty and forty (sound exactly the same) so he will describe.  It is precious.  I will kind of miss his little speech quirks when they are fixed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment