Friday, August 16, 2013

The Beginning of the Den Re-do

I thought about titling this post, "My Mom Called Me Selfish."  I have decided to tackle the painting of the den on the boy's last full week off from school.  Upon telling my wonderful mother this, she laughed (and I think jokingly) called me selfish.  For the record, we went Putt Putt this week and I let them play the overpriced arcade games.  Selfish... I think not.  ;) And I do fear that when Bennett loses his buddy, Hunter and Shep loses his buddy in Ashton that going from 4 kids to 2 may actually be harder.  So, I am merely planning ahead and getting some of my bigger projects done.  Humor me!

Here is the plan and the colors. I actually pre planned my colors this time and was diligent in my choices.  I drug the boys to Lowes 3 times in 2 days.  They, thankfully, know me well and put up with my tangents. 

If you don't like it, just keep it to yourself as I am basically done with the painting.  Clean up, hanging, and finishing touches are now in the works. ... so much for this being a September project. ha ha!

The Choices- these are the colors I was debating between
The main wall colors

 

 

 

 

The fireplace wall colors
Add caption
The Accent Colors --- a red/ maroon is also going to be linked in
Add caption


The Final Decisions

Add caption
We also purchased a leather blend sectional.  Though sectionals are not normally my thing, this room screams "sectional!"  It is a perfect fit... and by perfect, I am mean, it barely fits.  :)   I also bought a pretty little chair whose design was being discontinued.  The upholstery is so me and it was a great deal.  
Curtains are the taupey linen thing, with fabric swatches on them.  I plan on doing something to dress the curtains up a bit, the chair I described above, and a pretty throw pillow.

This room has a ton of wall space and I am not quite sure what to do with it all so for now, I will do very little and in time something may come together or maybe I will like the minimalist approach. 

Hope to post the nearly finished product next week.

Oh, I also repainted the dining room that same Lamb's Ear color.  Cant show the finished product because all my paint is in there right now... HOT MESS!

I haven't posted kiddo pics recently bc the charger cord to my camera split.  I finally got a charger today so back to pictures too!

2 comments:

  1. When our boys all get out of the house and we have to go back to work to afford feeding them, we should totally go into an Interior Design company. You design, I can sew stuff for you, and we'll have way more fun doing that than teaching! Love the colors and your chair is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete