Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Mess No More

Yesterday I posted about the 1/2 gallon of white paint that fell from the steps onto the garage floor.  I was debating whether or not to turn a mess into a memory.

Here is the finished product.

I wonder if that is how God looks at our messes.  I tried my best to clean up that paint, but no matter what I did, I just spread it out.  I pushed up against the brick.  It was stuck.  I surrendered to the paint being on my garage floor.

It was after surrendering that it turned into a masterpiece... ok, so maybe masterpiece is a bit of a stretch... haha. But, it is now something that I smile at instead of cringing.  It is something instead of trying to wipe away, I will try to keep clean.

God works like that too I think.  He takes our messes that we try to wipe away and makes them something that He and we deem precious.... something that He will smile at.

No comments:

Post a Comment