Sunday, August 11, 2013

If You Could See Us Now

GrandpaGordie, its been a year... a year since you went home.

I can only think about how tickled you would be with all the wonderful changes.  You knew that I was pregnant, but you didn't know that it was another little boy.  4... 4 little men.  I am so lucky to be their mom.  They are wild and fun little boys.  Little did you know that you would add not 1 but 3 more great grandchildren in 2013.  Not only Bennett was born, but a great granddaughter that bears your last name as her first arrived this summer.  And Zach and Anna are expecting baby #3 in about a week.  They are no fun and don't know what they are having, but we are so excited to meet their new addition.  It will bring happiness to this month which I know will make you happy. Can you believe you will have 9 great grandkids and two of your grandkids haven't even started families yet!  You live on.

Besides the birth of Bennett, you would also be sooo happy to know that we moved.  That alone is exciting but we seriously live 20 minutes from your house.  I would like to tell you that we are taking good care of GrandmaDean but I fear she is taking far better care of us than us of her. She painted the deck, you would like it... medium gray color. I just swiped a bunch of monkey grass from your house and got some okra... it was delicious... so thanks!  What is even better is that she has a cat (which I am sure doesn't surprise you) but a DOG!!! Yay!  You would love both these precious animals. They both found her.

You would be amazed at how often I think about you or how often your name comes up.  I truly think it will always be like that.  From your funny... ok, crude Navy sayings to just the way you lived and worked- we miss you dearly.

GrandmaDean can tell you that we cant even tie a knot without thinking of you.  I cant pick blueberries without picturing you there giving us guidance (AKA orders) on how to do it "the right way."  I look at houses that need to be powerwashed and think of you. 

Oh and I am eating tomatoes now but no, I don't want any figs, peaches, blueberries, or any other fruit from your garden. 

Ashton still reminds me of you.  I have a few pictures of him recently where I swear I am looking at a mini-Giddy.  ha.  I love it! 

Just know that our Anchor holds!

Until we hug again

Love you
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment