Friday, August 23, 2013

An L on the big B

I hate even typing the title.  I hate losing!  I am sore loser.  My heart actually aches during a loss even when it is high school football players that I barely know.  All I know is that my husband invests countless hours into this weekly Friday night game... and then to lose.  Uh, hate it!

Chad took over a losing program and we know that turning it around in a season is not probable, but man I was so hoping the first game would be a bit closer... I know Chad was too.

On top of that, it was Chad's 34th bday today. Finally, he can stop saying he is the age of Jesus when Jesus died. 

Though I knew he would not eat a dessert... he was too nervous... I went ahead and  made him brownies and the boys and I took them to him after I picked H and A up from school. 

Here are some pics of him opening his presents.

The boys eating brownies and drinking Capri Suns.  I swear Bennett has some hair but he looks sooo bald in pictures.  Maybe I am just trying to convince myself he has hair. 

Chad getting some help opening presents


Laughing at one of the pics on his annual collage


Shepherd imitating Chad laughing about picture... actually a pretty spot on impression.  hahaha

Precious baby

The annual collage for his office.  The picture in the bottom right is the one he thought was funny.  He was being a super hero!

And in preparation of the game, here are the older 3 ready to go.  Hunter is old enough to be a ball boy this year.  I will admit that I was a bit apprehensive for him to do it mainly because he has always shown more interest in the popcorn than then the plays but he did a great job.  He took his job quite seriously.  Ashton is already counting down until he can be out there.  Speaking of Ashton, he was so good during the game asking all kinds of really good questions.
Not a great picture


Our last name is above the numbers... I blurred it out in case you are wondering what the black smudges are.  :)

The ball boy!  :)

On a side note, thanks Uncle Nolan for keeping Ashton and bringing him and Hunter home.  Shep and Bennett couldnt make it past the half. 

Chad, Happy Birthday!  We love you... win or lose... but we love your more when you win.  Just kidding... kind of... no really, just kidding.  I know your birthday was not exactly what you wanted.  We are so proud of you and I know you can get this program turned around.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment