Monday, October 31, 2011

Our Weekend and HallowYAK!

I dont normally outline our weekend, however this weekend was one of those that should be recorded...

Saturday Morning-
The older two boys had their last soccer game. It has been an odd season with a coach who knows very little (aka- NOTHING) about the game of soccer. Thankfully, Karson was also on the team so Jody (her mom) was my sanity-saver.

The boys had a great last game though. Ashton scored! I seriously prayed the night before that he would score just one goal this season. He was not technically old enough to play yet but since he was close to the deadline, they agreed to allow him. He was the smallest on the teams but he worked so hard. It didnt matter who had the ball (his team or the other team), he was going to try and get it. Hunter scored a few goals as well.
Ashton throwing the ball in.
>
Hunter and Ashton getting the ball (notice Ashton trying to push Hunt out of his way)


Glad to check this off my list of things to do but I am happy they got to play together on the same team.

During this game, Shep had 2 diarrhea (that is hard to spell) diapers but was fine the rest of the day.

Saturday afternoon
My parents took Ashton out to lunch for his birthday and then Toys R Us to pick out anything he wanted. I would never have guessed in a million years what he would have picked... Electronic Football (or Vibrating Football). My dad had one when he was a kid and apparently Chad had one when he was a kid. To say that Ashton loves this game would be quite the understatement. He played with it for 3 hours straight! Yes, straight!!!
All the boys

Trying to figure out how to play

Ashton with his game (thanks Mantis and Queenie- he had a great time and loves the game)


Sunday morning-
Chad informed me Saturday evening that he was going to church with his football team so I was on my own. We had to take breakfast for our Sunday School class as well.

I get Shepherd into his class and Hunter looks at me and says "I think I am going to throw up." I rush him to the bathroom where he does throw up a little.

At this point I still have to drop breakfast off with our class but before I can do that Hunter says, "I have to stinky." His diarrhea begins. Thankfully, I ran into someone from our class who took breakfast (which I am sure is really appealing at this point) and I was able to get the boys back into the car and go home. It was at this moment that I was thankful that my niece, Charlee, who has originally supposed to be with us, was not with us.

On the way home, Shepherd exploded his diaper (out of his clothes). So thankful to already be gone from church.

Sunday (the rest of it)
We did nothing but lounge.
The Diarrhea Brothers watching the movie, Zookeeper.

Monday
And now for my least favorite "holiday"... Hallowyak. We, again, are not doing anything besides letting the boys dress up for the school day.
Ashton re-used the pirate costume (he will wear this again next year.)
Arrrrrr

Precious Pirate

Hunter's school does a "We are Not Scared of Books" day. You dress up from a character from a book and then bring that book to school. Hunter decided to be David (from David and Goliath). He said that his teacher took his picture with his book first because the Bible is the most special book.
"David"

I wonder if the real David was as handsome as this little guy.

Practicing with his slingshot.
I made the slingshot and when I asked Chad if it looked ok, he said "yeah, but you do know it was a sling but not a slingshot." ha ha ha, oops. Looks like I should have sang the song, "and 1 little stone went into the sling and the sling went round and round."
Hunter forgave me for my oversight and said it was close enough.

I know it is wishful thinking to hope that my kids will not want to trick or treat when they get older. I guess we will probably let them once they start to hassle , but for now rest assured that our lights will be off this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, My funniest memory of Halloween was when Nolan was in 1st grade and we lived on Washington Ave. in Parkersburg. I, too, hate Halloween(most likely where you get your disdain!) so in order to entice "Salamander" not to hassle (b/c that kid was the best hassler!), I bought the best candy and told y'all that we could keep it all if we stayed inside. We all gathered in that ugly blue carpeted family room, I slung in all over the place and said, "Go get it!" Now just reimagine a tall lanky 9th girl (that would be you!) running all over the family room gathering candy.....the sight still makes me laugh!
    Happy Yacky Hallowyak!

    ReplyDelete