Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Camping" Out/In

It is so nice having my parents close by. Numerous times during away games this football season, the boys and I have stayed the night at mom and dads house. It is a nice "break" from our house and gives me some much needed grown up time.

Last night, we were there and it was close to bed time. The boys were looking at pictures of their cousin, Owen, who was camping in his backyard. Hunter, who has already told me NUMEROUS times that he wants to go camping, proceeded to mention it to me again. I told him to tell Mantis that when the weather gets warmer that he wants Mantis to take him camping.

Somehow, during Hunter's conversation with Mantis it turned into this...
In case you are wondering- that is a picture of Mantis setting up the tent in the basement. He thought it would be a lot of fun for the boys and ME to stay in the tent. Thankfully, we turned the ME into HIM sleeping with the Hunt and Ash (didnt think Shep was quite old enough to partake in the male bonding fun just yet.)

I can't even put into words how excited the boys were to go "camping."
The sleeping arrangements.

No comments needed... it is close to bedtime and I look a mell of a hess.

Lights Out- however, the sweet sound of little boys chatting with their Mantis went on for quite sometime. I couldnt hear what they were talking about but it was precious just hearing them talk together.
Ash went to sleep quickly once Mantis got in between him and Hunter
Hunt finally asleep.

Dad, I cant even begin to thank you for such a fun evening for the boys. From the tomato fights outside (yes, they were throwing tomatoes at eachother) to the camping, they will be talking about this night for quite sometime.

1 comment:

  1. The tent is still in the middle of the basement - I went down last night and it looks like it's shelter for the homeless!
    I still can't believe they slept down there all night....sure was lovin' sprawling out in my bed by myself!
    You know, maybe we can rent a smaller house when we go to the beach and throw all the males on the beach in tents....I'm just sayin' - they'd all feel more manly and we'd save money!

    ReplyDelete