Friday, October 7, 2011

In Less than 5 Minutes and Happy Bday Mom!

Whew... my two youngest darling children.

What a random picture you say... this picture means very little to you, but this picture represents how my ugly came out this morning.

In less than 5 minutes, Ashton cracked open Hunter's Clemson tiger (piggy) bank with his head, Shepherd spilled 1/2 of an entire container of apple juice on the floor, and (not pictured) the boys ransacked my neatly folded piles of fall/ winter clothes that were about to put up in the closets.

I am not kidding when I say that my ugly came roaring out. In fact, I should probably go apologize to my youngest two children... ok, I'm back. However, once I cooled down, I began to practice Eucharisteo (ideally, it should be practiced BEFORE the ugly comes out, but I am work in progress).

548- Floors that had not been cleaned yet

549- 7, yes 7 size 4T/ 4 coats or jackets for Ashton

550- Being able to give some clothes away

551-I'm sorrys

552- Motivation to mop the floor

553- Two sopping wet towels of apple juice making just enough clothes to wash a second load

554- Clean baseboards.

And on a different note-
Though my incredible mom's bday was yesterday, my computer went semi- crazy again yesterday and I couldn't blog for her b-day.

Mom, I just want you to know how much you are loved! The boys get so excited to go to your house and for anything that has to do with Queenie, Mantis, Abby, and Eddie. I LOVE being so close to you. You are the best mom and grandma! We love you.

I thought I would share the birthday card we made for mom's birthday. I think it turned out really cute. I got part of the idea from pinterest, but since I had to re-do my computer, I dont have my history anymore and I didnt pin it on pinterest.

Anyway, you print off each letter of the alphabet. The link from pinterest will give you a pdf file to use, but you can do it on your own. Basically you want 4 letters per page and then you will cut the page into fourths (one letter per 1/4 so print preview before printing) (so you will need 7 pages of cardstock or construction paper). Then, write a word that describes the birthday girl (boy) for each letter. After all your letters are cut and "labeled", you will have this
After I added my describer words, Hunter came and gave any word that he could think of that started with the letter, some of his are quite funny.

Stack them up, trim the edges (if needed), then tie with a ribbon and a little tag. So cute.
Mom loved it, she also had a great idea and asked me to make it into a little banner. Since she works at a school, her birthday/ alphabet banner should fit right it.... Here is the finished banner.

Close up

And to close this post- here is a darling picture of two precious boys that I love so dearly... :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute, Hannah! And it seems like a good way to practice letters with little boys too. :) I'm glad you guys got to celebrate Queenie's birthday with her. We're getting a little tired of long distance phone calls for birthdays. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete