Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A First

In honor of January 1st, I thought I would post one of Chad's first.

We got the boys a trampoline for Christmas.  As Chad and I were setting it up, he casually mentioned that he had never been on a trampoline.

<<>>

"What??? You have never jumped or even been a trampoline?"

Though he is significantly over the weight limit... especially with the boys on it, I said he needed to experience it.

And so... he did. And I laughed and realized yet again how awkward he can be sometimes.
His first jump
No words
Though the jumping was funny, I got totally tickled when he attempted to get down.

Attempt #1
Belly got in the way
Attempt #2
With help from Ashton.  I thought he might just topple out head first

 Funny stuff I tell ya... funny stuff.

As 2013 is officially done, I look back on the year and realize how blessed we were.  We brought home baby boy #4, Chad got a new/ much better job, we listed our house, sold our house and made a bit on it, nice beach vacation, bought a new house, made it through football season, and have adjusted to life in a new place.  Not bad for a year.

Now looking at 2014, I see areas that need improvement.  Like everyone, I want to tone up.  Sure losing a few more pounds would be nice but I just really want to tone up the area that has housed 4 beautiful little boys.  :)
I also want to get back in the Word.  I have majorly slacked since Bennett was born... struggling to find my rhythm again.  Any suggestions for good Bible studies or a favorite book of the Bible?
 And lastly, to firm up on finances. We have both been a little lose on spending since we moved.  I think we are both set to make wiser decisions for the ol budget.

So, no ground breaking resolutions, just little things to make life smoother!

Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Read this twice and laughed each time - this is a classic! So glad you captured it....it will be one of those that your kids will look back on and laugh hysterically. You have been faithful with your gifts and talents, Hannah - and The Lord has blessed you richly....May He enable us all to eat less, move strenously, read the Word, and give generously! Happy New Year to the Smith family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read once and laughed out loud then read it out loud to Matt who laughed out loud. Love you Chad! Happy new year Smith family !

    ReplyDelete