Thursday, January 23, 2014

Closing Up Shop

After 41 months and 4 kids- the milk shop is officially out of business.  Ya'll that is almost 3 1/2 years... add the pregnancy's of said children and that is over 6 years of having my body and the purpose of my body belong to someone else.  I got pregnant with Hunter in March of 2005 and am officially done with it all in January of 2014.  So, less than 3 years of the last 9 have I not been pregnant or nursing.  Oh, it makes me tired and makes me say no wonder my awesome 6 pack is no longer and my hips are wider and legs thicker... lets not talk about the poor scale that now reads heavier.  Truly each stretch mark is a reflection of the past 9 years.  The story of my 20's (plus one year in the 30's).  And I wouldnt trade a thing for it.  :)
"Thanks for feeding me!"
I am proud to say that I have successfully nursed/ pumped for all the boys.  Shep and Bennett never had formula. 

I drastically slowed down on pumping a couple weeks ago and started digging in the freezer supply.  I have only pumped three times in the last week and I think it is finally finished!   Bennett had his last breastmilk bottle this morning.  His nighttime bottle has been whole milk for the past week and he has transitioned perfectly.

I wish I could say it was bittersweet to be done with this stage, but it wasnt.  I could have thrown myself a party.  I know it is a bit different in that I have been full time pumping the last 8 months but regardless, I am thrilled!

TMI- I hope to be able to go bra-less again when I go to bed! I tell you... It truly is the little things that make me happy.

Let me add my normal clause.  This is not to make anyone feel bad if you chose to not breastfeed or if you couldnt or if you did for only a bit.  Everyone is different.  This made sense for me--- mainly because it is free.  I am a huge breastfeeding advocate but I am also a huge formula feeding advocate.

I am looking to pack up all pumping stuff soon!  Sandee, your pump is coming back to you.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you!! Wow, 41 months, you have been working those girls hard! Seriously, that is so awesome! Miss you and those sweet boys! We especially miss you at bible study. It is not the same with out you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are long due a rest and permanent sabatical - may they decide to plump up for you!

    ReplyDelete