Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ramblings and Resolutions

Ramblings
1- I am so glad to be back in our little routine.  The two weeks was great but I was lazy and need my structure!

2- The boys room is basically done.  I need to make some curtains and hang a couple other things and then I will reveal it!

3- Hunter has started asking me for another dog. The bad thing is that I really want one but they can be quite expensive.

4- Shepherd's grasp of the English language amazes me.  He speaks full sentences that even those that don't speak "toddler" can understand.

5- Shepherd has also started using the potty.  He is no where near potty trained, but he will pee on the potty if I ask him.  His reward is Smarties.

6- Ashton loves to watch football.  Chad is so excited to have 1) a football watching buddy and 2) an excuse to watch football.  Ashton always roots for the team that Chad is against.

7- I was about 10 minutes late picking Hunter up from school yesterday and he told me that he had been waiting on me for hours!

8- Ashton is so competitive!

9- Shepherd knows his colors really well now, but he will always come up and ask "what's this favorite color?"  He is just really wanting to know the name of the color but he throws "favorite" into the question.  Too cute!



Resolutions
1- I am NOT going to butcher my kids hair this year... which means, I will have a professional cut their hair especially Shepherds!  I don't do a bad job cutting/ shearing the older two, but I am ready for something different- unfortunately I just sheared them a couple nights ago and TOTALLY regret it with every ounce in me.

2- I will get off this remaining 6 lbs since I had Shepherd.  Blah!

3- I will do "home school" with Ashton three days a week.  I was awful about getting into a routine last year with his preschool work.  He goes to MMO 2 days a week but those other three days we really  need to do something at home.

4- I will start to memorize Bible verses... I have gotten quite rusty.

5- I am going to be more conscience about my computer time when the boys are awake.  It is so easy to sit down "real quick" to check something and then 40 minutes later...

6- I will reach (and go beyond) listing/ naming 1000 gifts/ Eucharisteo.

7- I am going to say "yes" to the boys more.
Ashton:  "Mommy, can I have a snack during quiet time?"  Me: "No."
Hunter- "Mommy, do you want to watch me play this game".   Me:  "uh, no, not right now."
Shep- "play with me?"  Me: "not right now"
Just say YES!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how familiar all that sounds...we are in the such a similar place in life! Wish we lived closer to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does that saying yes to the boys including your big boy ;)

    ReplyDelete