Monday, January 30, 2012

A Weekend Away- Kind of

Ok, so the title is a bit misleading.  Chad went to a coaching clinic up in PA this past weekend with some of his coaches.

So the boys and I went to my parents for the weekend.  We had a great time. I am so thankful that we are so close to my parents (and Chads) now.

The highlight of the trip was going to Issaqueena Falls.  It was really the perfect "hike" for the boys and they got to explore a cave.  I am sure mom can give anyone details about the cave since she read each sign thoroughly. 
 The group at the beginning of our trek into the cave.
 At the end.
 Picture with the boys...  one of these days, I am going to get an amazing picture where everyone is looking at the camera and smiling... one of these days
 Ashton said he was scared
 The floor was very lumpy, so Shepherd was anxious to hold a hand or be held
 Once out of the cave, the boys played around on an old train bed thing.
Hunter
 Shep
 Ashton is too active- couldn't get a good one of him
 So close to being an awesome picture.
Good looking boys!
 Good looking boys again... plus one!  Ol' Mantis decided to hop in the picture.  Shep is trying to get out of the group hug
 Queenie and Mantis with the boys

 The last part of the trip was to the Falls.

Our attempt at a group shot= Fail (haha, oh well, we tried)
  
 A bit blurry but sweet picture
 This just makes me smile.  I am so thankful for my amazing parents!  Love them!

 So sleepy... Dad and Shep fighting exhaustion on our way to get lunch after our "busy" morning.
Thanks again mom and dad for a great weekend and for helping me out while Chad is gone. 

6 comments:

  1. Ha! This is how ole' Mantis looks everytime he gets into a car and he's not driving! We did have a wonderful time - and ain't it an added bonus to live in such a lovely area! Thanks for coming over and know you are always welcome! (the dogs were quite happy when they returned to their normal sleeping quarters!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Looks like everyone had a good time. Stumphouse tunnel and Issaqueena are great little hikes (some of our favorites from Clemson). Do they not let you go to the very end of the tunnel anymore? I guess the sink hole was a bit dangerous.
    -Zach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gate was unlocked, but we were all too chicken to go any further for a couple reasons... 1) nobody else was going and 2) dad's flashlight was pretty sucky. :)

      Delete
  3. 4) It looked like a place where bats could be snoozing! The Queen is terrified of bats....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it! I saw it right when I hit publish....it only confirms what we already know....mom is a "ding - bat!!!" hahahahha!

    ReplyDelete