Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Trip to the Dairy Rat

In keeping with some of my "resolutions", the younger two boys and I took an impromptu trip to Chuck E Cheese today.  After we dropped Hunter off at school, Ashton casually  mentioned Chuck E Cheese.  Normally, I would adamantly say (ok, yell) NOOOOO to this request, but, I instead I took a deep breath and said "ok."

So, we went and we conquered.  I must say I do enjoy the ol' Rat when no one else is there and weekday mornings before 11:00 definitely fits that description.
This is such an awful picture of them.  Shep refused to smile, I think he was scared by the Rat... see below.


Even though there were only 3 kids there (my two and another little boy), the guy working there was so sweet and went back and put on the Chuck E Cheese costume.  Ashton was thrilled.  Shepherd was petrified.

For some reason, Shep HATES Chuck E Cheese.  It is so weird, that is the only dress up character that he is petrified of.  I think it has to do with the robotic, singing, dancing action.  It really is a bit disturbing for a 2 year old I suppose. Here is a clip of Shep not wanting to go up and say "hey" to the singing rat (I am trying to upload it, check back Thursday morning to see if it actually loaded or not)

Ashton and I teamed up and scored 143 points in basketball.
 

In honor of Hunter, they did the simulator.
 
And perhaps the favorite activity... feeding the tickets into the machine.

Overall, it was a fun day that cost me nothing but lunch (we have a bunch of tokens left over).  And best of all, Ashton has been a saint of a child since going.  hmmmm, maybe Chuck E Cheese should be a daily thing... well, maybe not daily, but you get my drift.



Oh and shhhhh, make sure you don't tell Hunter... He would be beyond ticked off that we went without him.

1 comment:

  1. And you think Ashton won't tell - Ashton is the rat in human appearance and I bet ole Hunter already knows!
    So glad that you caved and did some spontaneous! That's a good girl! Wonderful activity for a winter day.

    ReplyDelete