Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Peanut

Six months. Six months ago almost to the hour I was about to deliver my final baby.  I knew time was going to fly with you and that fear is coming true... you are growing up so fast.  WOW!

Bennett, child, you are so amazing!  I love you more and more everyday.  You have found your voice and will "talk" to us and let us know what you want, when you want it.
Happy boy despite getting two shots today..  notice the artwork- Ashton created it for him and insisted it go in B's crib
You had your 6 month appt today.  I am shocked with your weight... so much smaller than what you look like you should be.  But you are healthy and meeting/ surpassing all your age appropriate milestones.  The doc suggested I try to increase your solids a bit.   I must admit I kind of like that you are smaller for two reasons.  1) feel like a baby longer though you are itching to be on the move  2) excuse to buy clothes for you in the fall because I don't have many 9-12 months fall/ winter clothes!

Weight:  15.10 (16%)
Height    26.75" (58%)
Head      17.75" (93%)  --- he gets it honestly.  ha
6 month comparison shot.  Doesn't look 15% to me (onesie and shorts are 9 month)

 

I am happy to report that you are sleeping in your crib at night and have been since we got back from the beach.  You also started sleeping through the night when I moved you to the crib! A normal night for you is bed around 8:30 and eat again between 4:30 and 6:30.  If it is before 6:30 you will go back to sleep which works great for me!  :)  You, like two of your brothers, are a blanket sucker.  You love love love your blanket--- and really anything that you can suck on ie- towels, paper, your pants.

Napping is still not perfect... still 3 naps a day... normally 2 smaller naps (under an hour) and then one large nap (under 2 hours).  You almost always fall asleep in the car and even if it is just 10 minutes, then you count that as a nap.  Still loving your sleep for one of your naps, normally the morning one.  If you are truly sleepy, you can put yourself to sleep without being rocked.

You are loving some solids.  You basically have tried a ton of stuff.  I have never been good at enforcing that 5 day wait rule.  You love to eat, I guess we just need to eat a bit more. 
Munching (sucking) on an Angry Birdy cookie (he LOVED it)
You and Hunter are great roommates.  I could not have asked for it to have worked better.  Shep and Ashton love you dearly and rarely do things that justify crying yet you still fuss at them.  haha.  You love to play with toys and are sitting up like a pro. 


Another sweet shot showing off his Grover sticker from the doc


You are truly a God send.  I love you sweet baby!  Just stay little!  :)

1 comment:

  1. He's only 15 lbs? He looks bigger! I see Hunter in that smile! Such a precious boy! I can't believe I haven't seen him since he was a month old. Can't wait to love on him a little. Wow...that was a fast 6 months!

    ReplyDelete