Thursday, December 8, 2011

Yakkity Yak






Stay away from our house!  My goodness, it has been a long time since a stomach bug has hit our house... at least 3 or 4 years.
But, that streak is over.  

Tuesday, mom and I had the best day shopping.  We went to the outlets, mall, out to eat.  It was a girl day and it was great.

And then Tuesday night hit.  First, my brother called me and said that my grandpaGordie was back in the hospital.  He was having a hard time breathing.   (He is still in the hospital but should hopefully be out by the weekend).

Then, around midnight, I woke up and knew that I was in trouble.  I will not get into the details, lets just say that both ends were suffering. 

By early afternoon on Wednesday, I was coming out of it.  However, Chad was starting on the adventure.  I slept so hard last night, I didnt hear him get up a gazillion times.  At 4 in the morning, Hunter joined in on the fun.  Ashton was next at about 5:30.  Shepherd, at this point, is still ok, but I cant imagine how he is going to avoid it.

So it is a movie kinda day.  Chad and Hunter are napping, Ash is playing, and Shep is eating (hopefully will not see it again.)  And, I feel great despite getting less than 6 hours of sleep.

Movie time on the pull out couch.
 This is just a cute pic of Shep covering Molly up yesterday. 
If nothing else, this has reminded me how I dont want to pregnant right now.  I am not ready to go through the 6+ weeks of nasty yak (Sandee, I really sympathize with you)

Just say a quick prayer for us that there are no relapses and we pull out of this thing soon!

UPDATE:  In an unprecedented occurance, 3 hours later, they are all sleeping (except Chad who is taking his 2nd hotbath of the day) 
@ 3:45 pm still sleeping
Finished watching "The Smurfs" and just went to his room and shut the door.
 
Even Ash gave up during the movie and crashed on the couch.  He woke up after about an hour and I rubbed his back and then he was back asleep.

Now, pray that they all go to bed at a decent hour tonight because I am letting them sleep until they feel they need to get up.

1 comment:

  1. Grosssssssss...hope everyone starts feeling better soon. It's amazing what sleep can do, so maybe this nasty bug will pass soon.

    ReplyDelete