Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Tree

Just realized that I have put a picture of our tree on here yet... I talked about picking out the "perfect" tree here over Thanksgiving.

Last year, Chad's mom gave me a bunch of leftover wedding stuff from Chad's sister' wedding.  I have always been more of a maroon (or red) with touches of gold type Christmas decorating girl.  But, when Patsy gave me all this silver/ snow looking decor, I knew that I was going to have to change it up a bit.  So, I hit some clearance sales after Christmas last year and picked up more blue/ green tones. 

And here is the finished product.  Glitzy, sparkles, and a bit modern.  And I love it.
I had looked into flocking the tree, but didnt want something that white.  So, I bought some faux snow and gave her a good dusting.  And though you cant see it well, it has a bunch of white/ sparkly twiggy things in it, especially at the top.  And of course layers of ribbon.  I bought a couple yards of poly satin to drape around for a tree skirt and she is done.
And I  must admit, I love it.  It just makes me smile.
 
A whole strand of lights went out on the bottom after everything was already on, I didnt have the desire or patience to fix it.  I dont think it is too noticeable especially since it is so shiny even without lights. :)

I kept the mantle a bit more traditional because of the look of the stockings, but I still tried to add some of the glitz.



We are counting down the days until Christmas.. so thankful for God's providential hand on our family.

I am getting close to having the boy's room finished... probably after Christmas everything should be done.  This is night 3 of all 3 boys in the same room.  It has been a pretty smooth transition... if only I could get Shep to not hum himself to sleep at night and not talk in his bed when he gets up in the morning then we would be set. Baby steps though, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment