Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grace


Sunday night, mom and I went to hear Laura Story sing in a mini concert in G-ville. We were able to hear her last year when she came to Clemson. It was such a great time with mom and listening to Laura Story not only sing and play but talk about her life and our Lord. If you ever have the chance to hear her in person, GO, you will laugh and probably cry listening to her testimony.


In case you don't know, Laura Story sings "Indescribable", "Mighty to Save", and her new song "Blessings". If you listen to Christian radio at all, you have probably heard one or all of these songs.

Anyway, during her song "Grace", I really felt God speaking to me that His grace is sufficient, His grace is everywhere, His grace is in everything. As she was singing, my mind wondered then to Eucharisteo and my list of things I am thankful for and how each of those gifts are examples of his abundant grace. If you have forgotten about my list, here is the link to where it started.

Instead of signing her letters, with Love or In Him, the author of "One Thousand Gifts" (Ann Voscampe), signs her letters with "All's Grace." I find that so appropriate and encouraging (I have often started signing off with this as well) because isn't everything that He gives an example of his abundant grace. Even the things that are hard, grace can be seen. Praise the Lord that All is in fact grace.

I would encourage you to start looking for His grace in the unusual places, even the hard places because it is there that you will see Him. I know since I started my Eucharisteo list, which is essentially naming the things that God has given me that I am thankful for (aka- grace) that my eyes have seriously be opened where I see His grace everywhere.

For example, when I step on a toy train and I want to scream "pick up your toys", I try to instead thank God for that little train that brings joy to the boys.
When I am about to lose my cool with the boys, I try to instead thank God for those blue eyes looking back at me.
When I am so sick of picking up the same messes over and over and over again, I try to thank God that I have messes to pick up.
When I want just a little bit more of something, I thank God that we are surviving on one teacher's salary and a coaching supplement.
Ya'll, GRACE. What an awesome gift!

Anyway, here are the lyrics to "Grace" and the music for it.

GRACE
My heart is so proud. My mind is so unfocused.
I see the things You do through me as great things I have done. And now You gently break me, then lovingly You take me and hold me as my father and mold me as my maker.

Chorus:
I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up, when I keep on letting you down?
And each time I will fall short of Your glory, how far will forgiveness abound?"
And you answer: " My child, I love you.
And as long as you're seeking My face, You'll walk in the pow'r of My daily sufficient grace."

At times I may grow weak and feel a bit discouraged, knowing that someone, somewhere could do a better job. For who am I to serve You?I know I don't deserve You. And that's the part that burns in my heart and keeps me hanging on.

Chorus*
I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up, when I keep on letting you down?
And each time I will fall short of Your glory, how far will forgiveness abounds?"
And you answer: " My child, I love you.
And as long as you're seeking My face, You'll walk in the pow'r of My daily sufficient grace."
You are so patient with me, Lord.

As I walk with You, I'm learning what Your grace really means. The price that I could never pay was paid at Calvary. So, instead of trying to repay You, I'm learning to simply obey You
by giving up my life to you For all that You've given to me.

Chorus:
I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up, when I keep on letting you down?
And each time I will fall short of Your glory, how far will forgiveness abounds?"
And you answer: " My child, I love you.
And as long as you're seeking My face, You'll walk in the pow'r of My daily sufficient grace."


Thank you mom for our fun night out. I love you!

Remember no matter what kind of day you have,

All's Grace,

No comments:

Post a Comment