Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Shepherd... already 18 months?!?!

Picture from today

It is hard to believe that you are as close to 3 as you are to your birth! These past 18 months have been a whirlwind. You are such an essential part to this family.
Taken last Wednesday

I think my favorite thing about your personality is your humor. I think you are going to be the clown of the group.

Some funny things that you have started doing is rolling your eyes at people…. It is really more of closing your eyes really tight for a second, but you do this when people ask how you are doing or when I get on to you for something. You also love to sing. Your current favorite is “Deep and Wide” (click on the link to hear Shepherd singing - please ignore my voice--- and read the note at the bottom about how to view my videos)

You LOVE some Sesame Street. You could look at Sesame Street books for a long time. You know most of the character names and can point to the right ones when I name them.

You have the most mischievous little smile.

Without a doubt your favorite person is mommy.... in fact, your favorite word is also mommy. Now, mind you, it is not a sweet sounding mommy, but more of momEEEEEEE. I probably get to hear you say it at least 100 times a day.

You love your brothers and call them by name. You are starting to figure out how to press their buttons. You have bit Ashton on numerous occassions and bit another little boy in your Sunday School class this past Sunday. Though your biting is not unprovoked, we are still trying to learn that biting is not how we handle conflicts! Your vocabulary is quite impressive. Yesterday, we were outside and you came up to me and said “Juice / Eat” and ran to the door ready for your snack. Speaking of snacks, you are a great eater. If you are hungry, you will eat whatever I put in front of you. You really love fruit and anything sweet. As of now, bread is not your favorite delicacy and you don't really care for pancakes (which is so weird to me). However you love real man food... meat, potatoes, spaghetti, lasagna, hot dogs, etc. Hopefully we can keep your good eating habits up!

You are the best surprise of my life and I can’t imagine my life without you in it!

Happy 18 month birthday Sheppy,

I love you more and more everyday,
MomEEEEEE


*** As I have stated before, I cant get my video function to work on this blog anymore. So, I just created a new blog that I will use solely for videos. I think I am going to make it private so if you want access I will have to add you using your email address, let me know if you want me to add you to the elite list. You can use any email address to create your google account. :)
I am also thinking about making this blog private too... we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. He is so precious - what a wonder to bask in the sovereignty of a God who always knows what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how you mention making the blog private. I'm using Rachel Durik's suggested site to follow who is looking at my blog and it tells me when pictures are getting downloaded. Had some suspicious activity from Pennsylvania. I blocked their IP address from viewing the site. If they come back, I'm going on private. Please add my gmail account to the approved list to view your videos. We'll talk soon!

    ReplyDelete