Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day and Other

Just a warning, this is post should probably be like 4 different posts... lots of random information that does not flow from one point to the next.

Not much to report as far as Mother's Day 2011. Chad has been so busy that Mother's Day was an afterthought (though he did have his dad deliver 7 bales of pine needles for me... and believe it or not, that made me happy.)
Edit- My sweet, sweet brother Nolan got me a beautiful flower and a sweet card... thanks Noshie!

And while I am on Mother's Day, let me just mention how blessed I am. At church today, the teaching was on 2 Tim 1:3-5 which is when Paul is talking to Timothy. Paul tells Timothy that he knows that Timothy has the faith by the teachings instilled by Timothy's grandmother (Lois) and his mother (Eunice). I started to think about my mom and my GrandmaDean and I realized that the same could be said of me. I have been surrounded and saturated with the faith and for that I am sooo thankful. I am also thankful that I am now able to do the same with my boys. So, thank you mom and GrandmaDean!

Here are the mother's day gifts we made for the moms, grandmas, and the teacher appreciation gifts.
Teacher gifts
Mom/ Grandma Gifts


Yesterday, my mom and Nolan took Ashton to Gastonia for the day to visit with my grandparents. Hunter had a t-ball game so we couldnt go. Ashton had a great time and really enjoyed being the center of attention for the day.
Turns out that I was glad that he went as Shep started running a fever yesterday afternoon that he still has as of now... he actually fell asleep between my legs at Hunter's game. He has been whimpering in his crib since I put him down 2 hours ago.... looks like a doctor's appt may be in our future tomorrow.
Just a side note, going to the doctor with all 3 of my children has to be one of my least favorite activities... blah. Anyway, guessing that he has yet another ear infection. :( Hunter has been coughing up a lung today as well. So, despite staying relatively healthy this winter, the month of May has been quite unkind to us.

Here are some picture from the last week.

A couple from Hunter's games



We pulled the sprinkler out this afternoon. They had a ball (well Shep tried but he started whining early, so we came back inside). Even Chad got in on the action.

My little stair steps

They both liked the crotch shot a bit too much :/



So though it was not a Mother's Day to write home about, it was my life and for that reason, it was perfect.

And now, here we go on another 100 hour work week for Chad. Someone please tell me why he loves it so much?

Happy Mother's Day!

All's Grace

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to one very special Mom:) Your strength and faith inspire me on a daily basis:)

    ReplyDelete