Monday, April 11, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

Say that title ten times fast.

My cousin got married this weekend in VA and my parents, brother, and I decided we would make the 7 hour trip, yes 7 hour trip up to the wedding. I also decided that I would not be taking my children with me making it one of the very few times I have ever spent an evening away from them. Chad assured me he had it all under control since he had an open weekend so off we went.

Wedding started at 5 and we got there a little early (very impressive for my family).

My cousin was gorgeous as always. The ceremony was a bit different as it was not Christ-centered, no Scripture or mention of God.

Here are some pictures from the wedding.
Tammy and Uncle Joe coming down the aisle.

Uncle Joe and his granddaughter (and his mini me). This little girl is an Ashton up one side and down the other.

My other cousin (bride's sister), her husband and their other daughter.

Mom and Dad/ Queenie and Mantis

My date (brother) and me
My family minus my other brother.

not a good picture of the bride but shows her dress.

Father/ Daughter dance

Mom and Nolan shagging.



About 8 o'clock I called Chad to check in. I got to talk to Hunter for a couple minutes and then chad got back on the phone and said, "I guess I should go ahead and tell you that I had to take Ashton to the emergency room."
I replied, "WHAT?"

While Chad and the boys were at his parents house, Hunter and Ashton were playing tug of war with Shepherd's blanket. Chad told them to stop and my super obedient Hunter let go of the blanket resulting in Ashton hitting the back of his head against the corner of the wall. I guess it starting bleeding really bad and his platinum blond hair was red with blood. They decided they should take him the ER. Before they got there the bleeding had significantly slowed down. The doctor said he could put a stitch or two in it and it would help with scarring a little bit. Chad decided to forgo the stitches.

I took this picture this morning (36 hours later) of his little gash.


Anyway, we left the wedding at 9 and drove to my aunt's house in Raleigh (another 3 hour drive.) Got some wedding details for my other cousin's wedding in October.

Left Sunday morning and drove to Gastonia to see my grandparents for a few hours and then, finally got home at 6:30 Sunday night.

It was a draining weekend that was full of laughter, sarcasm, and food (which is pretty typical of outings with my family.)

I enjoyed my 36 hour break of being a mommy but was so happy to see my precious kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment