Monday, April 25, 2011

A Real Life "Wild Kratts" Lesson

In case you dont know... Hunter is in love with the TV show on PBS called "Wild Kratts." Here is a link for what Wild Kratts is about if you are curious. In a nutshell, two brothers highlight a certain type of wild animal and through their creature power suits can spend time with that animal. It is a super cute show. I believe it just started in the beginning of this year so it is fairly new. I hope it catches on so we can buy some of the books and such.

Anyway, after lunch, we were sitting in the backyard besides what we have coined as Molly's bush (which Molly is laying under at the time)
Molly's ginormous boxwood.
Molly's "bed" under the bush.

I hear quite a commotion of birds and see Molly come flying out from under the bush chasing a bird that I think she had already wounded. I assume these birds had made or were making a nest in her bush (big mistake). I yell for her to stop which she semi-does until I get over to her. The bird hops away but I know that she has probably fatally wounded his wing.
He would not move from this spot even after I put Molly inside for a few minutes.

Hunter is quite simply horrified and immediately his compassion wells up. He has to go inside as he cant stand it.


I try to persuade the bird into the woods. He will not go so I let Molly back out as I definitely dont want it to suffer for longer than necessary. She plays with him for a bit which led to his demise.

After Molly's playdate. He died about a minute after this.


During this ordeal, the other birds are going haywire. They are soooo upset with my dog.
Ashton was not really fazed by this. He is pointing out the other birds to Hunter.

The only good part of this story is that, I believe, these were the types of birds that will dive bomb on you when you get in their space. You can see the backside of one of the protesters.


Hunter did come back out and after a small talk was no longer upset with Molly and was happy the bird was not suffering anymore.

It was quite the lesson for him even though it was sad.

Two side notes-
#1- Mom and dad, my dog is still pretty close to perfect and this has to be your dog's fault somehow.

#2- I did not run in to get my camera but just happened to be recording Hunter singing (ironically enough) the Wild Kratts theme song. Dont want any to think I am too morbid in documenting the death of Tweetie.

And because I dont want to end this on a sad note. Here is a picture of what it looks like when my husband puts a diaper on our child.

3 comments:

  1. My boys are H.U.G.E Wild Kratts fans too! They love it. I have a blog post coming up soon about Tyson's homemade Creature Power Suits.

    Oh, and love the cute little bare cheek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, Hunter runs around the backyard for hours playing Wild Kratts. Looking forward to seeing Tyson's creature power suit. I am sure Hunt will love it! We bought him a DVD of the TV shows for Easter. I think it is the only item that you can buy at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing power suit. I'm going to make for my son 5th bday.

    http://karascreativeplace.blogspot.com/2011/05/wild-kratts-birthday-party.htm

    ReplyDelete