Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Three point Five

Ashton,
Kiddo- you are 3 1/2 today.... 3 1/2!

If someone were to ask me to give them one word to describe you, I would say you are emotional. When you are happy, things roll pretty smooth. When you are angry/ sad, then life comes to a screeching halt.

This series of pictures best describes you. This was about a 3 minute cycle.
Mad about something.

Sulking

The recovery

And it is over

Off he goes again to find something else to get into.


Part of me thinks this moodiness is your age, yet the smarter part of me knows this is the wonderful way God made you. And though it drives me crazy sometimes, I know He is going to such great things through you and your emotionally charged self.

People are so drawn to you. You have a smile that can make my heart skip a beat. And your laugh- my goodness, it screams of mischief. On the flip side, your crying can go on for quite some time and sounds like finger nails on a chalkboard. We have already had a few battles of the will that have resulted in lessons for both of us.

As emotional as you are with your actions, you are not emotional in your words. Your "I Love You"s don't occur all that often but when they do, I know you mean them and they mean sooo much to me. Same thing with your hugs and kisses. You definitely don't just freely hand them out, but when you give me one, it takes my breath away.

You love your brothers but crave some one on one time. You are by far the best helper. If I could keep you busy all day doing little fun (or not so fun) little chores it would channel your busy streak. You really do need to be busy. You love going to MMO once a week and want to go more often.

Ashton, in reality, you are a lot like me- that is why at the young ol' age of 3 that we can butt heads so hard. I love you so much. My prayer is that I can show you Jesus and that you will follow him with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.

Happy Half Birthday Smashy!

2 comments:

  1. I thought 3.5 meant you were prego!!!! I was pissed that I was finding out on your blog! Happy 1/2 Birthday Ashton. We can't wait to play this summer at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, oops. I didnt even think of that and don't worry I would never tell you over the blogosphere if I was pregnant (which I am NOT)!!!

    ReplyDelete