Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Dinner 1

*** Don't miss the other post that I posted this evening. Eggs, Baseball, and Baskets and Holly Spring Egg Hunt.

As I type the title, "Easter Dinner #1", I realize that we are soo blessed. We have two families that we can split our time between. Two families that love us and will help us. Two families that we can celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord.

Today, we went to my parent's house for the day.My grandparents were able to come down which made the day even more special.

There was a lot of laughter, a lot of eating, and a lot of pictures. If your computer loads pictures slowly, this may not be the post for you! ;)

The boys got to dye eggs again which included dropping them in water and then forgetting about them.... by the time we remembered, the eggs were some pretty awesome colors.

The hunt.
While waiting on the eggs, we did the Resurrection eggs which was totally age appropriate and they really liked it. I put these together last night for my 4 year old Sunday School class... basically it is the Easter story being told through items in 12 plastic eggs.


The boys then got their Easter basket from mom which included candy, a movie, a book (Shep), a puzzle (Hunter), a new workbook (Ashton), and three small Nerf guns... turns out everyone loves a good Nerf gun.
Mom/ Queenie coming out with the basket. What on earth is going on with your pants?!?!





The hammock. This is some funny stuff. First, Ashton flips out of the hammock.
Then, mom suggests GranpaGordie gets in the hammock. We all assure her that is a bad idea. My father then goes over to get in and....

hahahahaha, yep, he flipped right out of the sucker. Oh, how I wish I had my camera up to my eye when he did this.

Just shake it off dad... no seriously- just shake off all the dirt/ leaves on your back.

Singing- You can be assured that anywhere my GrandpaGordie is , there will be singing. Just so happens, Ashton loves to sing.

Queenie and Ashton singing.


Hunter singing for GrandpaGordie.


GrandpaGordie singing for us.


Just some good pictures from the rest of the day.
My amazing GrandmaDean

Uncle Nolan and Shepherd

Mantis speaking dog to Shepherd and Eddy

Uncle Nolan and 3 out of the 5 of his nephews.
Ah, this could have been so cute! :(
Aren't the shirts so cute?
My boys and me!

The group shot. I am amazed at how good this turned out for being a timer picture!
And just because... this is so pretty... and believe it or not, my mother took it. Well done mom and thank you for a wonderful day!





2 comments:

  1. What fun! Looks like a great Easter celebration. I know Zach was really sad about missing out on the fun...me too. We did Resurrection eggs with Owen tonight. He ate the bread, little stinker. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny that O ate the bread. We did miss you guys. Ya'll would have added another great dimension to all of the chaos. Really excited to see you guys in a few months!

    ReplyDelete