Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quicky Post...

... dont know where the week has gone... Oh wait, yes I do. It has disappeared in the time we have spent outside.

I really need to stop getting these burrs up my butt... we have wanted and been talking about making a little fire pit/ bonfire area in the backyard. I decided to break it up into 4 stages and this week I have completed Phase 1.

I made steps out of big ol' pieces of flagstone that I broke up into smaller pieces. I googled how to split stone and realized that I did not have any of the tools needed so I used a 10 lb rubber weight and two small logs and it worked like a charm. I placed the flagstone on the logs and then used about 1/4 of my weight to break the stone. Out of the six pieces I split, 5 split perfectly and the other one split ok.

Here are my "professional" tools

And here is the finished product. I transplanted some groundcover that I hope will spread pretty quickly. The firepit area will be directly to the left and my little "garden" experimenting is happening to the right (up the steps). The Power Wheels track runs along the perimeter of the yard and through the woods to the far right (out of the picture). I am so digging (hahaha) this yard... it is working my butt off, however that could prove to be a good thing. :)

Best part is that this only cost me $50!

I also burned again today... I am amazed at how quickly my pile of debris can grow.

And here are just a couple pics of the boys.

PapaHub- if you are reading this... I love antiques however this "tractor" is not quite working out.... The boys enjoy playing on it, but I am a bit tired of looking at it. :)

Precious boys

No comments:

Post a Comment