Monday, March 28, 2011

Photo Wall



I know you have been anxiously awaiting my mini photo gallery wall. I love looking up from the computer or when I am cooking dinner and seeing all these precious little mug shots. And though it is not huge, it does span right around 65", so it fits perfectly on 70ish" wall.


This was also done on the cheap, like right under $20.

I bought the "S", the "2003" and the chalkboard thing (though it did not look like that when I bought it... it looked like this :) I knew that I wanted a little chalkboard on the wall and I had every intention of just getting an old frame, fitting it with a board and then spray painting the board with chalkboard paint, but I found this for $2 and that was FAR cheaper than the paint so went with it.

I already had all the frames that have photos in them, however none of them are in their original state. One was pink and silver, one was an obnoxious, cheap white, one was a clearance silver frame covered in scratches, and one was a pretty wood frame with gold highlights (I really hated to spray the last one), and then of course the chalkboard.

The picture with the pear I already had and it was a good fit.

Everything that was not already black got a good dose of black spray paint.... some in a gloss and some in a matte.

Over a year ago, I saw this cool idea to make your own silhouettes on another blog. I stored it in the back of my head and went searching for it once I did not dining room re-do as I knew that it would be perfect. I got the boys profiles shots, made a copy, cut it out, traced it on black cardstock, cut the black cardstock out and then glued it onto a soft white cardstock.... wah la! I will eventually re-do Ash's because I cropped his head in too much and Hunter' eyelashes need a bit of work, but I think they turned out pretty durn cute.

Here are a couple close ups.
The Sillouettes


2 comments: