Thursday, April 22, 2010

Whats in a name?

... thinking for weeks now of beginning a blog but coming up with a name for a blog proved to be a challenge. I think it is harder than naming a child, it is even more permanent. I decided on hasboys because my initials are HAS and I have 3 boys. Yes, eventually I hope to (much later) have one more and I suppose there is a chance it could be a girl, but that does not negate the fact that I have boys so I decided to go with it.

HAS also makes up the letters to my kids first names. Hunter is my oldest, Ashton is middle kid, and Shepherd is my baby. Though not originally on purpose, once I realized I had "h"and "a", I had to find a "s" to complete my initials.

The actual name of the blog though is H.A.S. been.... again for my initials and this phrase will hopefully begin each of my posts. I was thinking of all the things that "have been". Some phrases that came to mind.
HAS been...
...redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
...chosen before the beginning of time to follow Christ
...blessed beyond measure
...chosen to be a mom of boys
...married to a Godly man (who loves football) for almost 7 years
...a daughter to amazing parents
...a sister to wonderful brothers
...a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, the list goes on


I also struggled with the public forum that is blogging. However, I feel like I have forgotten so many funny moments, interesting stories, and cute sayings over the past 4 years. So... better late than never, I am embarking on the blogging path not so much for others to keep up with us but for me to keep up with myself and the boys.

Lastly, though I was a computer high school teacher for 5 years, I am the queen of typos. So, if you are anal about English (mom/ Anna) then just cringe and ignore my fault (notice that is singular).

So, I go back to the title of this post... "whats in a name?"... obviously I put too much thought into it.

Below is a picture of us from Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    I love your blog! You put me to shame with how often you post and your hilarity. You encourage me to do it more! I'll never judge your grammar :)

    ReplyDelete