Friday, April 23, 2010

First food


... trying to decide when to start the ever life changing event of solids (dripping sarcasm). I dont know why I dread this decision... maybe because it means Shep is growing right in front of my eyes... maybe it is because I really dont enjoy feeding baby food... maybe it is because it will be awhile before I make this decision again (seriously.)

Regardless, I made him a little bowl of rice cereal tonight and let him experiment with the new texture. He handled it really well. Though he didnt love it, he did tolerate it by pushing most of it back out. I dont think it will become a daily event yet, but I wanted to give it a try.

He has also been piddling with a sippy cup for about a week now. I dont think he enjoys the coolness of the water and itty bitty bit of juice. He still likes his milk at body temperature so he has some adjusting to do.

I also have been letting him play around with apples. He licks it then makes a funny face, then licks it again.

So, I guess the process has begun. He is growing so fast.

Here is a series of pictures from his first solid experience.


ug, mom, what is this?


and out it comes


spitting it at me


and I am forgiven for putting that foreign substance in him mouth

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the video and Hunters camera-shyness ;) Can't wait to read more! I also love the thought put into your title. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete