Sunday, April 25, 2010

Shepherd food attempt 2

Obviously, I think I really will wait a couple weeks. He really doesnt like it. My other two took to cereal much better than this.
Just another example of his blowing bubbles/ splitting. Every time I got the spoon close to him, he would blow it back at me.



I am also researching Baby Led Weaning. Basically, you totally skip the nasty pureed foods, goopy cereals. You start with manageable pieces of slightly cooked vegis, steamed fruits, and finger foods, but you dont start anything before 6 months old and the parent is totally hands off in the feeding process. As the parent, you just supervise; you dont use a spoon in the beginning and baby feeds himself -- parent DOES NOT feed the baby. The idea is that if the baby cant pick up the food by himself it is probably too small for him to eat anyway (thus why the parent should not feed since we can pick up smaller pieces). It is a messy/ playful introduction to food but it might work for us. Plus it eliminates the middle ground of baby food and is cheaper as baby eats (within reason) what we eat.

So, my plan is to wait another couple weeks until he is 6 months and then maybe introduce table food. He is probably taking every bit of 40-43 oz of breastmilk a day so food is definitely going to need to be in his future.

1 comment:

  1. What a doll! He is a seriously adorable baby.

    PS.I loved hearing your voice in this clip.

    ReplyDelete