Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving- Come and Gone

What a whirlwind Thanksgiving turned out to be.  I feel like I have not come up for air.

We traveled down to Chad's family on Thanksgiving Day and come home Friday morning to celebrate with my family on Friday evening.

Spending time with Chad's family was a lot of fun.  Dinner was good and their was plenty of laughter.  Aunt Joan and Julie (and Uncle John) kept the kiddos occupied and we would hear laughter from the downstairs often.  Shepherd asked me the next morning where those girls are?  I assumed he was talking about Charlee and Sami but he quickly corrected me and says, "no the other ones."  I laughed and knew he was talking about "those girls" Joan and Julie.  :)
 The adults. 

Bless Joan.


Julie playing hide n seek with Ash, Charlee, and Shep


Trouble coming down the steps


Sami half laughing/ half crying.


Benett getting some lovin' from Grandma

Yum Yum.  Papa Hub bought the boys us bottles Dr Peppers.  We were quite happy!

Came back Friday and started to prepare for me to host Thanksgiving.  My Aunt Christy (mom's sister) was in town because GrandmaDean had surgery (nothing serious) on Tuesday so her and mom were "on call."  And we got a surprise visit by my dad's brother, John.  Again, a great dinner and lots of laughter.
*** Did not take one picture from my family get together... got too busy in the kitchen.  Actually, there is not one picture of me in any of these but I was there ;)

Definitely walked away feeling so blessed and thankful for our families.

Mom and I then teamed up on Saturday and helped Nolan decorate his house.  I also started decorating mine and am finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.  Add to the mix that I started reading 3... yes 3... big ol novels and feel quite overcome with mess.

Another surprise was that Zach, Anna, and their kids were able to stop in for a bit on their way back from Anna's family.  Just so happened that the Ol' Clover parade was that day, so we took the 7 kid... and Queenie to the parade.  
Caelum running to catch up to the rest of the crew
Not a great pic of B but proof he was there.
Miss Esme'... she is becoming quite a chunk :)


This one is for you Mantis... Clover AFJROTC

Love this kiddo.  Caelum


Santa!
Totally mesmerized.  Owen was so exciting over the band and firetrucks.,






I will show pictures of my decorated house once I am finished.  As I mentioned, I have been reading a good bit so I might post some of my favorite reads.  :)

Hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment