Saturday, December 14, 2013

In a Flash... He is 8!

My little Hunter bug is 8. 

Hunter, you are a gem.  You are definitely turning into a little man.  I see you growing up right in front of me and it makes me smile knowing that you are turning out so wonderfully!
How did you get so big? Another 8 years and you will be driving!  Yikes!
You are doing really good in school.  A's and B's with ease. You love to learn new things.   It seems like every couple weeks you have a new fascination that you will sit down and research on the computer.  From snakes to weather disasters to planets, you are so curious.
opening the big present
Though you are social and enjoy having friends, you are loner.  You love to be in your own little world of imagination.   Thankfully, you are starting to like tv shows with real people... you know the corny ones on Disney... Jesse, Dog with a Blog, etc.  I happen to like the corny shows too... especially compared to cartoon stuff.

 You are proving to have streaks of sarcasm and are understanding sarcasm.  You can laugh at yourself which is such an important life skill.

You are a huge help with your brothers especially Bennett.  B just adores you.  From giving his a bottle to getting him out of his carseat and bringing him inside to getting him out of bed in the morning to sitting in the bathtub with im, I am amazed at how you take care of him.  You seem so much older than Ashton and Shepherd and I sometimes I think I push you too much but you seem to handle it well.
feeding Bennett

I am so proud of you.  I love knowing that Jesus has claimed you as His.  He has you protected.

Happy Birthday Hunter.  I love you 1000000 times over.

Mom

---------------------------------------------------------------

It rained poured practically all day today.  Of course, right when we got up, Ashton and Shep insist that Hunter opens his presents. 
Love this picture. Hunter trying not laugh and Ashton in his typical all out laugh... and of course there is Molly too. :)

Though he is not out of the toy section, I am seeing a slight shift in things that interest him.  The only real "toy" he got was Lego Ninjago kit.(which took far too much of my morning to build).  His big present was a tent.  He also got a Wii remote, an adventure kit (binoculars, compass, flashlight) and a new shirt).  Mantis and Queenie got him a bug book and money. He also got some cash from GrandmaDean and Uncle Nolan. Everything was a big hit.
money from Queenie and Mantis
 
We then went to the movies and saw Frozen.  Chad and Bennett went shopping. The older three and I really enjoyed the movie.  Next, we ran over to GrandmaDeans to visit for a bit and then back home for Hunter's bday dinner of Pizza Hut with some cupcakes :) Chad and Hunter then went to see the high school Christmas program which they both really enjoyed.
Blowing out the candles



 It was fun day with just our family.
Again, Happy Birthday Hunter.  You make this family better and we love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to sweet Hunter!!! He is such a wonderful young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Hunter! Looking forward to Christmas so I can watch you pace around the pit! You, Mantis and I have a date next time we see you -can't wait!

    ReplyDelete