Friday, December 13, 2013

Ashton's Christmas program and the House

The K5 kids at Ashton's school did their Christmas program Thursday night... The Gingerbread Man.  Each class did one song and then all classes came together for a big performance.

It was really cute and the staff did a great job of bribing us to come to hear their spill on literacy, common core, etc.

Here are a couple pics from the evening and a video!

 
Ashton's Class.  He is easy to spot with that blonde head.  The glare from the light boucing off his head is crazy.

He found us.
Ashton right in the middle of the entire K5 (cropped most of them out)
The ending of the last song.


After the show.
It was a sweet performance.  Great job Ash.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the lazy route in decorating this year.  I will blame it on Bennett. :)

Outside is barely decorated at all and the bit I did, I dont even really like.  Oh well, next year will be a better performance.

On the plus, we do have 2 trees this year.  A fake one and a real one. Actually, we have more than that. The boys each have one in their room and I have a small one in the dining room and a small one of the porch.

 It was fun to be able to not have to pick between two color schemes for the tree.... I just did both.

Tree one I went traditional with Christmas red and white/ silver.  Must say, it turned out really pretty.  I only had to buy the red ribbon ... and the tree.







This looks kind of messy in the picture, but it is actually quite pretty.... haha.. or is it? 



Tree two I went a little more rustic.  Mostly brown with touches of green.  I think it is very calming.


The mantle just got a slight dressing as it would be a sin to not decorate a mantle, right?  On a side note, I am so sad about Bennett's stocking.  Mom bought each boy a stocking on his first Christmas.  We always get them at Orvis.  They no longer make the same kind so I tried to find something similar.  I know it doesnt matter in the big... or small... scheme of things but I would have loved for them to all match.

"May grace and peace be yours in abundance."  I Peter 1:2

1 comment:

  1. Tox, I had to expand the picture on the stockings to see the difference....doesn't bother me.
    House looks great and can't believe you did it as quickly as you did! Glad you love Christmas as much as I do - such a beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete