Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby Bennett with the Birth Story and Updates

Introducing...
Bennett Brady Smith
January 25 2013 at 10:30 pm
7 lbs 6 oz and 20.75" 



 Before I go any further... look at these boys.  I am just amazed that I have four boys. 
My little ones!
 The Birth Story
Last Thursday, the 24th, Chad and I went to the hospital to begin my induction.  At that point, I was barely 1 cm and Bennett was still really high.  The actually induction started around 9 pm and I was starting to feel contractions around 1 am, they were not painful but were there.  I had sent Chad home to sleep and I am glad I did since I knew it would be awhile.

I was moved to a labor and delivery room at 6:30 am.  They checked me later that morning and I was at 3 cm --- a little bit later at 4 cm.  Though contractions were not painful,  I went ahead and got the epidural at 12ish with Shep the epidural really sped things up... it didnt this time.  Eventually, by the 7:30 I was at 10 but baby was still high.  I gave a few pushes and my wonderful doctor said that he was sunny side up and though it would be possible to push him it out that way it could easily take an hour or two.  She recommended that I use what they call a "peanut" which really was just laying on my side with this huge odd shaped work out ball between my legs to try and get him to turn.  This went on for about 2 hours in which he slowly made his way down. 

By 10:20 pm, he was low enough to begin pushing and after 2 contractions he was out.  As predicted, he was smaller than Shepherd.  I had guessed he was in the mid 7's and he was. 
Getting my hands on him for the first time.  I actually took him before they cleaned him up.  Normally I request a clean baby... haha


Not happy with his current situation

First little hospital bath

Clean and ready for visitors

He had so many wonderful visitors at the hospital too!
PapaHub and Grandma were the first to arrive
Mantis and Queenie, with the other boys were next

My parents with Bennett


My men!

Hunter holds his newest little brother

Even Shep takes a turn.

Before they left, Shepherd was goofing off swinging on the arm of the chair and face planted on the floor... lots of blood followed

Some of my dear friends came to visit... Leah, Kahla, Jessica, and Jodi

Aunt Sandee with my nieces

Even Zach and Anna with my nephews were able to come up.... since Anna has neglected announcing the news on her blog... I will do it on mine.... look at the adorable little baby bump... so excited for another niece or nephew.
We came home Sunday at 1 in the afternoon and it has been great!  The boys are smitten by him and I am just in love ... again!  Recovery has been easy and he is nursing great. 
Sleepin the day away

Sheppy and his "baby Bennett"

Smash lovin on Bennett.  Ashton is just amazed by Bennett

Brothers minus one.

He had his first weigh-in check this morning and is already past his birth weight weighing in at 7 lbs 8 oz, so he definitely has the food thing figured out... he definitely lets us know when he wants to eat.  He doesnt have the sweet little whimpery cry--- no, he wails. The hospital said they normally dont do circumsions before discharge now, so he will have that done in the next few days... dont understand why they changed that policy.  I wish that was already out of the way. He is a strong little thing, when laying on my chest, he can already move his head from one side to the other. 
I am going to try and do this comparison picture monthly
I can look at these four amazing little boys and feel so blessed and so grateful that I was chosen for this exact moment.  God has entrusted these men to me. What an immense responsibility. 

I know so many of you guys have been praying for us and those prayers have been felt.   Thank you.

Also, thank you to our parents.  Mom and Dad kept the boys Thursday night and Saturday night and Hub and Patsy kept them Friday night.  It made is so much easier being away from them knowing they were safe and being loved on. 

More to come... I will try to get some better pictures of Bennett.  I must admit, with 4 kids, the camera is an afterthought.

3 comments:

  1. Bennett is absolutely a perfect little speciman of a baby - and this comes from a woman who is not overly gooshy over newborns - Being at Hannah's house is like being in a daycare center, though (or a four ring circus).....truly The Lord knows who can handle what - Hannah does it without getting stressed (unless I'm there passing my stress to her!).
    So glad that Chad was able to be home - if anyone in Clover is reading this....you certainly have a family friendly administrative team! Thanks for being understanding.....Truly,
    All is grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I've been anxiously stalking the blog for it! I couldn't even read it earlier because there were little boys in my lap gushing over all the great pics. Noah asked LOTS of questions! Noah wants to come tomorrow to meet him! Hannah, he is beautiful and I love all the pictures of the boys holding him. Counting down the days...15 more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the birth story! I'm such a junkie. It never ceases to amaze me how siblings holding newborns makes the siblings look SO much older. Shockingly so. It seems like the boys are great with him...what a sweet group. I'm still enjoying the fact that we got to see you guys in the hospital. It's such a special, short time. And Hannah, there's no more hiding this baby bump, so share it with the world!

    ReplyDelete