Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just wanted to give a quick baby update/ family update.

Chad leaves tomorrow to begin his new job 2 hours away.  I am excited for him but also a little nervous for me as I am now the single parent of 3... almost 4 boys during the week.  So thankful to have plenty of help around me!

I hit the 40 week mark on Wednesday.  Before Chad got this job, I was ready to wait this baby out at least 7- 10 days before I started talking induction.  However, now that I am by myself at night, the last thing I want to happen is to go into labor and then have to try to get ahold of family/ friends to take me to the hospital.  So, at my appt last Thursday, I saw my doctor, we talked induction.  She said she was on call this Friday, the 25th and though I have no signs of labor that we could start an induction Thursday night.  And I agreed.  I do have appt Thursday morning where they will check me again (cross your fingers that there is some progress), but regardless of the result, I will hopefully be admitted Thursday evening to begin the long process that I have come to expect from my boys (so far from start to finish they have all taken at least 20 hours)!

We are so excited to meet Bennett and get to know him.  The boys are thrilled and I do love having the countdown with them every morning.
 
39 week shot

Here is my 39 week belly shot.  Compare it here to the 28 week shot (wearing the same thing). I think I look much more tired... I have that look of "I am soooo over this).   At my 38 week appt, the doc said he was an average size baby and he guessed a weight of low 7's at that time.  He is also the one who delivered Shepherd and he said that he didnt think Bennett would be that big (Shep has been by far my biggest baby at 8 lb 9 oz).  He then chuckled and said that with tall girls though, they often underestimate the size.  But, I dont think he feels overly huge either, so we will see.

Anyway, just wanted to post a quick update of sorts since I will probably be without a computer until Chad comes home Thursday afternoon.  So please so a prayer for us as we head into this crazy week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo excited to meet Bennett. You are be prayed for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please read this in a chanting manner: Baby! Baby! Baby!

    ReplyDelete