Monday, March 5, 2012

A Weekend with GorDean plus a little updates

Another Saturday without Chad led to a great weekend with mom and the boys.  Mom was headed up to see her parents Friday.  The boys and I decided to tag along since we had not been up to see GrandmaDean and GrandpaGordie since Christmas.  We slept their Friday night and the boys did amazing!  I was seriously so proud of them with their behavior and their sleeping!  Go H, A, and S!!!

Nolan and Aunt Christy  joined in on the family gathering Saturday.  The girls decided to leave my 3 boys (and GrandpaGordie) under Nolan's care as we went out to Mary Joe's and a couple other little shops.  It was good to get out with some of the women of my family... and Uncle Nolan did a great job with the boys... Thanks Nolie!

I didnt think about pictures until the very end. 
Quick shot of dinner

Hunt and Ashton chowing down

The good byes.  Mom and Aunt Christy

GrandmaDean saying bye to the boys.  GrandpaGordie was even able to make it out to bid us farewell!

The boys listening to GrandmaDean


We got home Saturday night.  Sunday afternoon, I left Chad in charge of the boys to go and see Clemson's production of "Guys and Dolls".  Mom invited Chad and me to go but Sunday afternoon is a hard to time to get people to watch the boys plus Chad hadnt seen them much this week, so it was just mom and me.  The show was really good especially considering it was college students!  I had never even heard the plot of "Guys and Dolls" before but I am definitely a fan.  The music and orchestra was great and the acting was good too!  Thanks mom.  :)
                                                                       The program

And, now we are on Monday.  Ashton had his first ever dentist appointment.  He did fabulous!  The hygeniest was amazed with his canine teeth... how "pronounced" they are for baby teeth... afraid he got my canine teeth.    Forgot to take a picture.

Shepherd has turned into the king of puzzles.  He amazes me (and others) with his ability to do puzzles.  He know most of his letters.  He is a smart little sucker.  He is still a momma's boy to the nth degree. 
Shepherd's little feet when doing his puzzle


To conclude the day, I was 20 minutes late picking Hunter up from school because Ashton and I lost track of time while playing baseball in the backyard.  When we got home, I had 1/2 gallon of paint pooled on my driveway.  The wind has been crazy today, so to prop Ashton's basketball hoop up, I sat the (what I thought was a) closed can of paint on the back.  Turns out, not closed... OOPS!  Hunter was such a good helper and did a great job hosing the paint off.
The mess  and Hunter helping clean it up.  He has become such a better helper the past few months.



3 comments:

  1. I saw you with your camera out towards the end and KNEW exactly where I would see those pictures....however, didn't see your cameras all the time (beware of Hannah when you see the camera come out - she can get some shots!)
    It was a wonderful weekend - I am so fortunate to have two of my three kids near me! Maybe one day that middle boy will come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa Gordie looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun weekend! I would have loved to tag along on the girls shopping trip. I may not like shopping, but I love leaving the boys home with the menfolk and hanging out with the ladies. You're so good about capturing little moments...love the picture of Shep's feetsies.

    ReplyDelete