Saturday, March 10, 2012

Boys and Jeans

I dont know if this is an exclusive boy  problem or not BUT, my kids (especially Ashton) can wear out a pair of jeans so fast!.

Take these jeans for example.  These jeans were Ashton's last year.  They were bought exclusively for Ashton and within one month, they had not one but two huge holes in the same knee.

I, like, most of the other women in America have become quite smitten with pinterest.  Now, I am not crazy with it and I dont just scroll through looking for ideas, but when I have a problem, I will go to pinterest to find a solution.

I saw this cute idea for patching the holes in jeans.  And since Shepherd is already wearing Ashton's clothes from last year, I had to try and salvage the jeans.

Those who know me well will chuckle when I say that I actually thought about using my hot glue gun instead of a needle and thread... YES, I do in fact own a needle and thread.  I doubted that the glue would hold up through multiple washes so I went digging for my needle and found it!

I bought 3 squares of felt at Hobbly Lobby for .25 cents a piece.

And, wahla!
Cute monster jeans repaired.

This picture makes me laugh... this is typical Shepherd.... goofy! (his cheeks are flushed from a 3 hour!!!!! nap this afternoon.)
I think I should add that after I put these on Shepherd and took his picture he told me he didnt like them and wanted his other pants back on.  Oh well, I think they are cute and he WILL wear them.  I will bribe him or something. 

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I got to see these "in person" and thought Hannah had gone "designer jeans" on me - they are even cuter in real life!
    And Sheppy - he is Mister Personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! And fyi...they make glue for fabric :) Miss ya girlie and thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete