Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wish I had a picture

I wish I had a picture for some of my ramblings today.

First, Hunter and Ashton's 1st soccer game was last night and the person who always has a camera on her (me) forgot said camera. I debated about whether or not to volunteer to coach this team and ultimately decided not. I have had second thoughts but my competitive spirit would probably not be well-received at the U6 level. The boys played so good. Ashton is a spit-fire and though the smallest on the team (technically not old enough to play but since his bday is so close to the deadline, they made an exception), he played so hard. He almost scored a goal. Hunter, believe it or not from our first soccer experience in the spring of 2010 when his only goal of the season was on the wrong goal, did an amazing job. He plays a lot like his mother... faster and bigger than the other kids and just kind of plows his way through. He is also quite good at controlling his body especially for his size. He scored 5 of his teams 10 goals. Not that we keep score BUT the other team only had 3. So WE WON! See, it is probably a good thing I dont coach this level.

Today was also a first. I have had to wake the boys up about 1/2 the mornings since school started. Today, when I went to wake Hunter up, he pulled the covers over his head and tried to go back to sleep... definitely not the last time this will happen. Again, wish I had my camera with me.

Only had Ash and Shep today. Shepherd set to pulling every sticker out of a lightning mcqueen coloring book. Just a cute picture.

Then we made brownies. Ash and Shep were the clean-up crew. One of the only bad things about having kids, I dont get to clean the spoons and mixers anymore. :( I suppose they are worth it! (Excuse Shep's hair- he kept getting chocolate in it (you can see in pic 2 how that happens, so I girlified him and "fixed" his hair for him (and me))

Another first for us tonight, going to start going to Wednesday night church. We are starting a women's Bible Study. I am excited to see where this study leads (Beth Moore's- So Long Insecurities).

A bunch of randomness that just reminds me that All is in fact Grace-

No comments:

Post a Comment