Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Sunday School

A few months ago, God laid it on our hearts to start a new Sunday School class. As He so faithfully does, He also had been putting the desire in another couple's heart. This Sunday, Chad and Benji will begin teaching the Newlywed/ Young Married class.

At our church, they allow and desire for the leaders to "fix" up or decorate the room. Though we have had weeks to do this, I procrastinated and just started on Wednesday. I finished up today and am pleased with how it looks. I am so thankful that Ashton and Shepherd gave me a total of 8 hours (over 3 days) to work and get the room ready. Though I know that God doesnt need a decorated room to move, I hope this space is one where God will speak mightily and use me/ us in an effective way. I have always been one of the young(er) ones in the couple's classes we have been apart of, I am excited to see how God is going to work with me in a leadership role.

Here are some pictures of our new room. The whole room was the light color, the chair rail was not painted, and there was a mess of things (a catch all room) to be straightened up.

View from the door (does this remind anyone of our house in R.M.??!!)

Love these curtains... how is that a $4 worth of clearance fabric and a hot glue gun turn into something so cute!

Front of the room... we are still waiting on another dry erase board and bulletin board.

When you think about it, just lift us up as we take this step.

No comments:

Post a Comment