Thursday, February 24, 2011

What have I been up to?

... super busy with my project list. All that know me well know that once I get a bur up my butt to do something, it will normally get done sooner rather than later.

I painted/ striped my living room. All the walls in our house are the same color which I like (especially for resale purposes when the time comes) but I wanted to do something a tad different just to personalize it.

Before


After
I absolutely adore this. It is subtle but still makes an impact.. yay for paint!

I have also been getting the side yard together. We are pine needling in the majority of the side yard. Call in RoundUp, shovel for trenching/ scalping, and 23 bales of pine needles (I had already moved all the stones to make the retaining wall) and it is 2/3 of the way done. We still have to get the part by the road looking better but it is soooo eaten up with this rooty viney things that I am kind of at loss as to what to do... worry about that another day ;)

Before

After
Ah, nothing like fresh pine needles - this looks a million times better

Needless to say, my darling children have been fending for themselves the past 3 days. Thankfully the taping and painting was basically finished during naps and after they had gone to bed. The outside work they were out there with me enjoying the beautiful weather. Ashton was a big help with throwing out pine needles, Hunter helped for all of 2 minutes, and Shepherd just wandered around with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment