Sunday, October 3, 2010

dare I say... Pacy- Free


... dreading the day that we conquered the pacy take-away.


But, with Ashton's 3rd birthday at the end of the month, I figured we are past the time to be rid of the pacy.


We went up to GrandmaDean and GrandpaGordie's Friday night and I only brought one pacy. Some time in the middle of the night, Ashton "lost" it in the covers. I couldnt find it at 4:20 am nor when I made the bed the next morning, so when nap time came and the pacy did not Ashton was quite upset. Queenie got him calm by letting him hold a sucker while he rested (he never fell asleep).


Last night was the first bed time routine without the pacy. He was in bed by 8, followed by 4 times to the bathroom... yes...4. He finally, after a threat from me, fell asleep by 9ish. He woke up whimpering/ crying around 2 am, Iwent in and rubbed him for a few minutes and he drifted back to sleep.


Fast forward to nap today and he only asked me for it once. He then preceeded to tell me that he had not had his pacy in a long time. I told him that he was all done with his pacy and he totally accepted that. He slept a solid 2 hours, probably from pure exhaustion.


So, I think that I can toss the pacys!


Why do I always think things are going to be harder than they really are. Kids are resilient little suckers, I think that I thrive off of a routine more than they do.
PS- Got a new computer last week so hopefully my faithful blogging will kick it up again.... so hold me semi- accountable!!!


1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad Ashton did well. I can imagine your first night was very similar to ours. Noah is still not 'back to normal' but he is going to sleep free of crying every night. It takes less time each night. We threw ours away before we started so the temptation to give it back wouldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete