Monday, October 23, 2017

Baptism Times 3


Last Sunday my three oldest were all baptized.  I am so proud of them but more importantly, so thankful that Jesus chose to save them.  Though they have all been saved for awhile, I waited for them to initiate the conversation of baptism... just as I waited for them to initiate the conversation of salvation.


Hunter prayed over 6 years ago.  At the time, he wasnt quite ready to be baptized.  Then, we moved and started going to an ARP church where they sprinkled during baby baptism.  We continued to put  it off even after he asked about it on occasion.



Ashton prayed about 5 years ago.  At the very young age of 4 1/2.  I remember being a bit apprehensive about his youth but realized I am not Jesus and it is not my decision.  Of the 3, Ashton was the most proactive in lining up the baptism.  He didnt ask when he going to be baptized... he said, "mom, I'm going to be baptized."  To which I said, "ok, we will talk to the pastor."





Shepherd prayed a couple years ago and I am confident he is the SHEPHERDS.  But, he actually never asked about being baptized.  Once Hunter and Ashton decided it was time, I asked him if he was ready or if he wanted to wait.  He said he was ready but wanted to wear goggles (spoiler alert- he thankfully forgot them the day of the baptism.)




We had so many family members come to support them.  All four grandparents, Aunt Sandee, Uncle Tom Tom, and their girls, and Aunt Joan and Uncle John all bore witness to the dunking.

*** These pics were given to me by the person who takes pictures for baptisms... I took some as well- I am ashamed to admit (no I'm not) that I am too lazy to log out of this google account and log into the other google account to get them... haha.  After working on a computer a good portion of my day, the last thing I want to do when I get home is work on the computer even more!  So, these pics give you the general idea.  All 3 got to stand together as Pastor Nick baptized each. 




1 comment:

  1. Awesome! And so very sweet that they got to stand together for such a special time. Love those boys and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete