Monday, July 24, 2017

All the Half Birthdays

Though we always have recognized half birthdays, the past few years I have been more intentional with them.

We continued the tradition this year of me going on a one on one date with each kiddo on their half birthday.  Because we have one birthday a month from October to January then April to July is when the half b-days hit.

In the past, we have done some fun Carowinds dates but this year, since we moved from the Charlotte area and no longer have season passes, we came up with other ideas.

Ashton was up first.  We went to Dave and Busters (I had never been before).  I thought it was quite overrated but Ashton just soaks up one on one time.  We ate at D&B's and he flew threw his points for the games.  We then went to a couple stores looking around at things he liked and got a frappe while looking around at things in Barnes and Noble.

The big 9.5.  Enjoying our walk in Greenville.

Eating his big ol' hamburger... My cheese steak was pretty good too.


My gamer

Shepherd was next.  He also chose.... Dave and Busters.  We ate their and he also finished up with his points rather quickly.  Shep and I stopped in at Kohls and looked around at some toys on our way home.
So happy after his date!
Oh, this kid... His favorite thing- a whoopie cushion
In the zone.
Hunter, thankfully, did not Dave and Busters.  His half birthday kind of snuck up on us.  Add to the fact that he was indecisive about what he wanted to do and it became a last minute plan.  We both really wanted to hike but needed a bit more time to plan.  So, we took off to downtown Greenville.  We walked the main downtown strip and talked, had a very nice grown up dinner, did Falls Park, and went to Coffee Underground.  It was truly a date and I loved it!


Getting ready for our date

Falls Park- So pretty

Just a pretty shot.

Stylin and profilin'

Bennett was the last date for the year.  Bennett was quite gracious in sharing his date with his brothers.  Normally I would leave the older ones for a couple hours while Bennett and I went on our date, but with workers coming and going from the house due to the renovations; I didnt think that was a good idea.  In addition, Chad was out of town and it is too far to ask my dad to come and sit with them for a couple hours.  So, Bennett invited them all along.  I warned the older three that it was Bennett's time and their opinion did not matter. haha.

Bennett chose the zoo and playground.  He then wanted Panera for lunch.  As a surprise, I took them all to Chuck E Cheeses as well.  And because I am a sucker, we ran into Barnes and Noble and as well with each of them picking out a book.  Speaking of books, I need to get a book post put together too...

Mr Giraffe, Bennett and me!
He loves those reptiles.

4 little men with an iguana (I think) in the background

Bennett shooting some dinosaurs at The Dairy Rat

Some "friendly" brotherly competition

I seriously love going out with each kid.  They talk my ears off and they so look forward to their date time.

And, I never gave an end of the school year update on the kids.  I guess the combination of me working plus the kids only being at this school for a few months left me little motivation.

However, I am so proud of these fellas. They didnt miss a beat with changing schools mid-year.  All of their grades/ test scores were fantastic!  They all exceeded their goals set at the beginning of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment